Saturday 12 October 2024

Cara Dillon, Worthing Pavilion Theatre

Earlier in the year I had bought tickets to see Cara Dillon on her latest tour ... back in Worthing, but on the pier this time. As I had bought them early we were in the second row near the middle - so very good seats. Also luckily the people in front were not that large so it was easy to see around them
A calm start and an indication that this would be pared back.
There was lots of chat in-between songs to introduce and also explain the tunes - this time they were to poems written in "lock-down" 

I think this was the set list - I will check later in the year

  • The Water is Wide
  • Giving
  • Carrageen Moss
  • Black Is the Color (of My True Love's Hair)
  • Apron Strings
  • Coming Home
  • Clear the Path
  • The Well
  • White Sheets
  • Daughter
  • Inishowen
  • Mysteries
  • The Hill of Thieves
Encore
  • The Parting Glass